Tuesday, June 2, 2009

We have the Plague!

Well, we are just waiting to see which one of us gets sick next. We have the plague. O.K. , it is the flu but it is a bad one. Lisa is at Jill's. We told her DON'T COME HOME! First Brooke. Then Haleigh. Now Michael. Hope Eric is o.k. He was here Sunday when it first hit.

If you haven't been home lately you have not been able to admire the "feed the world" garden Dad has planted. His friend Tim helped him and brought us A LOT of plants that he had started from seeds. We have the first of the crop of Italian Squash, which is different than Zucchini. I did not know that. I thought it was the same thing. I think they taste pretty much the same just look different. Had some for lunch. Anyways, I am going to try some new things with it. I think tonight though I will make a family favorite. Zuuchini Pie. Well, Italian Squash Pie. Remember how much you all like that one? We have A LOT of squash planted but so far all I am finding out there is the Italian Squash, and some yellow squash. LOTS AND LOTS of tomatoes. We had a goat incident so I went and got some new plants. We shall see how those do. Oh, and corn. So far three rows. Lemon cucumbers too. I have been weeding for days. I don't mind weeding so much. Unlike the house it lasts awhile.

1 comment:

  1. I have been looking at trips as well... though it seems like my ideas are bigger than my bank account. Let me know if you find any hot deals. I don't know if you all are interested, but I am picking a day to go to Big Trees sometime this month to do the short day hike. I'll keep you "posted".

    ReplyDelete